NO law firm in Oklahoma has won more medical cases at trial than Clark & Mitchell.
We compassionately fight for your best interests and won’t take the easy way out.
Types of Medical Negligence
Medical negligence occurs when a medical professional performs their duties in a manner that is not considered an accepted standard of medical care, there are different Types of Medical Negligence.
For an injury to be considered medical malpractice the action must have caused harm to the patient. This is a very important factor in malpractice cases. You can file a case for a medical malpractice claim. But first of all, you must know how to file a malpractice suit?
Malpractice should never be confused with poor or unwanted results. Every person responds to medical care differently and results are never guaranteed. Malpractice only occurs when harm has been caused by the actions of the medical care provider.
Different Types of Medical Malpractice
There are many ways that a medical care provider or facility can fail to provide a patient with the accepted standard of medical care. Some of the most common classifications of medical negligence include:
Misdiagnosis is one types of Medical Negligence. The first step in treating a medical condition is diagnosing what is wrong. If a doctor does not take the time to accurately diagnose, misses symptoms, makes assumptions or otherwise fails to make an accurate diagnosis the result can be life-altering or life-ending for a patient. Common areas where a patient is misdiagnosed include:
• Failure to diagnose a stroke or mild heart attack
• Failure to diagnose cancer
• Failure to diagnose appendicitis
• Failure to diagnose meningitis
• Failure to recognize symptoms of Deep Vein Thrombosis or Pulmonary Embolism
• Failure to recognize or diagnose a head injury
Sadly, many doctors are hurried and do not take the time to carefully evaluate a patient. Medical professionals may also make assumptions about a patient because of their age or weight that is not accurate to their current complaint or condition.
2) Over Treating A Medical Condition
Patients can be harmed from over treatment of a medical condition. In what is just the opposite of failing to diagnose a medical condition, some medical professionals over-diagnose their patients.
Putting the patient through unnecessary testing and risks and prescribing pharmaceuticals that may not be necessary is also dangerous for a patient. Treating a condition that is not real can cause permanent physical damage to a patient.
3) Surgical Errors
Another Types of Medical malpractice is Surgical error. There are many different issues that can fall under surgical errors. Patients are at their most vulnerable point when they are put under anesthesia and operated on by a surgeon. Some different surgical errors include:
• Laceration or Perforation. One of the greatest risks of surgery is cutting or tearing an organ, vein, or muscle that was not supposed to be touched during the procedure. This can lead to many additional medical problems for the patient.
• Improper Site. Usually as a result of miscommunication of the medical professionals, the wrong surgery is performed on the individual.
• Improper Placement of Medical Device. Medical devices are very common in the world today. Replacement joints, pacemakers, and even pumps can be surgically implanted to help make the life of a patient much easier. However, incorrect placement or adjustment can lead to tragic events for the patient.
• Unnecessary Surgery. There are times when a doctor prescribes a surgery that is later found to have been unnecessary. This is common with hysterectomies and pacemakers.
• Foreign Objects. During the surgery a foreign object such as a sponge or an instrument is left inside the patient.
• Anesthesia Problems. Anesthesia is a very specific type of medical practice and the simplest mistake can lead to a lot of problems. Under dosing or over dosing a patient could lead to life threating situations.
4) Maternity and Delivery Errors
Maternity and giving birth is a high risk for the mother even in the 21st century. Medical care providers can make mistakes that could risk the life of the mother or baby or both, especially during delivery.
Common mistakes that occur in a delivery room include the use of forceps during delivery that harm the mother or baby or cesarean section issues including giving one when it was not necessary or failing to give one in time to prevent harm.
Patients enter a hospital or medical facility with the belief that their health is not at risk from the treatments they receive. One of those risks is infections, another types of Medical Negligence.
Medical professionals in all different positions must take the necessary precautions to [prevent the transmission of infections from one patient to another. Failure to clean their hands and their instruments properly can result in serious infections to an unknowing patient.
Sadly, there are other examples of medical negligence and ways that medical negligence can occur. If you believe that you have been injured by the medical care you have received you should speak to OKC medical malpractice attorneys about your case and know about lawsuit infection after surgery.
Your medical malpractice attorneys can review the information and determine if the injuries you received were the direct result of a negligent medical practice.
Talk To An Medical Malpractice Attorneys About Your Injury
There are several reasons that you should speak to a Medical Malpractice Attorney about your medical negligence event. Your Medical Malpractice Lawyer can help you clearly establish that the injuries you received were a direct result of a negligent action by a medical professional. Once this fact has been established, your medical malpractice attorneys can help you seek compensation for your injuries and losses.
The injuries you received due to different type of Medical Negligence will require medical care to correct. It should not be your responsibility as the injured party to cover these medical expenses. You should not have to pay for any future care you may need or any of the other medical related costs for the injury.
If you have lost income or have been harmed in any other financial way due to the injury you received, your OKC medical malpractice attorneys will also seek compensation for these losses.
Your experienced medical malpractice attorneys will know exactly what types of compensation you are entitled to under the law and will fight aggressively on your behalf to secure the fair and full compensation you deserve for your losses.
If you believe that your injury is a direct result of a negligent medical act, make sure to contact an Oklahoma medical malpractice attorneysas soon as possible. Although you have the right to seek compensation for your injuries and losses, you only have a limited time to seek a claim.
If you want any kind of consultant, contact us at Clark & Mitchell P.C.”Oklahoma City Medical Malpractice Attorney” today. We will review the details of your claim to determine whether or not you have a case.